On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Stu <greenmushroo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Brian
>
> Sorry man, I appreciate the help, didn't quite understand what you
> meant by that.

No biggie. I thought that was pretty funny.

> the variable is set, that I know. (I hard coded values in it for
> testing purposes)
>
> And the error I get is a Parse error for a missing "  )  ". which is
> strange because I can tell for sure it's not the case.

I think I see it now. Aside from the missing $ that mscdex noticed,
you've got an extra quote at the end and it appears that you're trying
to concatenate strings in this 1st example:

var paginate = array('conditions' =>array('Group.site_id = '.
$variable .''));

I'm wondering if you did the same when using the => notation. It should be:

var $paginate = array(
        'conditions' => array(
                'Group.site_id' => $variable
        )