Hi, I'm a long time web designer who has just started looking into
cakePHP, unfortunately i'm stuck and need help with an issue that for
the life of me I cannot find an answer to.
I'm trying to migrate my old ajax code from my existing website, I
have read the cakephp documentations but cannot find an answer.

I'm trying to get my old scripts working without using the built in
helper for now. Literally copied and pasted it should work. Just a
simple window pop up script.

I've referenced my js scripts on the default.ctp layout, I have
referenced my css, I have checked if the tags are pointing to the
right classes, everything SHOULD be working right now.

Cake doesn't throw an exception but it doesnt let me use my scripts
either... Does it handle files differently? Do I need to change a
configuration somewhere?

Help! Thank you in advance.