Hello and thank you so much for your help!!

Brian,

I took your advice and added the userid to the session, however, I'm
clearly doing something wrong because in the Supplier controller I
call the session with:
$userid = $this->Session->read('userid');

However in the view, I enter echo $userid;

and I receive the following error:
Notice (8): Undefined variable: userid [APP/views/suppliers/add.ctp,
line 6]

I realise this is most definately a newbie error, and I appreciate all
your patience!

Thanks again,
Mathieu