I have a similar problem cake baking with WAMP.

In my situation the warnings in bearlee's message were caused by the
password encryption change that happened in MySQL 4.1.1, and they were
easily overcome. Now I just have the one issue: Error: Your database
does not have any tables.

Because it's all my ISP provides, I'm using older versions of PHP and
MySQL. Still, CakePHP seems quite happy. The default page tells me it
can connect to my database. Everything else is sweet ... but still
cake bake insists I have no tables in the database (there are
several).

Any thoughts on how to address this would be appreciated. It's really
putting a damper on my migration to CakePHP.

::Leigh