Yes, I agree, after comparing your result with mine, I think your
session is not activate at all!
My session looks as this:
28871\controllers\components\crumb.php (line 14)

Array
(
    [Config] => Array
        (
            [userAgent] => 83b3d3a563eb8249b0a9673105b4aae7
            [time] => 1237660346
            [rand] => 1199379407
            [timeout] => 10
        )
    [Language] => en
    [Crumbs] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [crumb_link] => somewhere link
                    [crumb_name] => Somewhere I where!
                )
            [1] => Array
                (
                    [crumb_link] => somewhere link
                    [crumb_name] => Somewhere I where!
                )
        )
)

And you can see that it contains also other information needed by my
site, not only the crumb information!

I do hope you find the missing "step" :)
   John

On Mar 21, 8:21 pm, Charles <cri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I am starting to realize it is not the code but rather a setting
> somewhere that keeps resetting my session. I have no idea where to
> being looking, however. I have set session security to low, changed it
> from php to cake.. going to try db next but i'd rather not query the
> db for all the sessions. but if it works, it works I guess. Thanks for
> the input!

[snip]