Hello,

I've been hacking at this for several days, and have modified and toyed with
about 7 different tutorials with Auth, only to find none of them provide the
actual answer I am looking for - or maybe I don't know what the correct answer
is.

Anyhow.

All I have been trying to do is create:

1) A view that is user/pass protected which allows control of content for the
site. I was able to get several login systems working with Auth, but not able
to edit any content because the permissions are outside of the login scope or
something of that nature.

I am certainly missing a link somewhere in all of this.

2) All controllers should be accessible from this view so the content can be
modified.

I cannot figure out how (although I have done this a million times with
straight php/mysql) how to make this work with CakePHP.

The problem I keep running into is the /users dir only allows access to that
dir, but I cannot create a sub directory in there for example called: CMS,
because then the controller classes cannot be accessed by the default core.

Anyhow, Id be glad to hear any insight in how to get a stupid simple CMS page
setup with access to all of the sites editable content.

I don't need anyone to explain how to build a db, a controller, a model, or
Bake... That's not what I am asking.

Just a bit lost and need some direction.

Thanks.