Ok, I will give it a try with understanding what you are trying to
accomplish!

Correct me if my understand is wrong, but:

1) You have a standard CakePHP installation with the CakePHP directory
and an application "app" directory, correct?
2) You wish to use the application to provide content management of
the content in the application, correct?
3) You wish that each user of your application will have access only
to his/her own content in the application, correct?

With that I understand that you would like something like:
App
--- Controller
------ a contents controller
--- Models
------ a content model
------ a user model
------ Contents
--------- Content views

Thus when a user has logged in, and has chosen the CMS (contents), the
contents controller gives him/her access to manage the content -
modelled by the content model.

Awaiting some comments from you, enjoy,
   John