@majna Sorry i accidently emailed you my post

I have a similar problem, i need to create some base controller but
only for a number of controller , not a general application-wise like
AppController but something like SomeBaseControler that contains
methods and custom before filter()
so i tried to make it work but without success
1. i just put  SomeSpecificController extends SomeBaseController   and
got the error that class SomeBaseController cannot be found....

2 i tried to add App::import('Controller', 'SomeBase'); but also got
fatal error Call to undefined method stdClass::find() and notice of
course Undefined property: stdClass::$alias [CORE\cake\libs\controller
\controller.php, line 952]

btw SomeBaseController extends AppController, i tried to put it in app/
controllers folder , in app folder..all the same

so my question is : Is there a way to make it work as i intended or
should i stick with AppController