Hello,

this is the scenario:

- I have a rather large form with some production details, blahblah. One
of the inputs can contain value from over 1300 available (more to be
exact, because it's ID, dimensions and layout - 5 to 7 fields each)
- as it would be silly and resource-hungry to parse all this data into
javascript arrays within the view, I've decided that I want to have a
popup window with a small form, which will close after choice made and
free the resources
- this form won't POST the data into controller, because it's only a
part of the whole form; the only thing it's gotta do is change value of
few inputs.

I've been googling and read some examples using fancy modal forms using
jQuery, MooTools etcetc, but what I really need is just a simple popup
window with some AJAX calls. (later, when the project will be ready, I
will play around with more complex things for this, but atm i'm rather
in a hurry).

The problem is, this is my first encounter with AJAX (not to mention I'm
a cake noob) and frankly, I don't even know where to start.

I'll be really grateful for any tips/pointers/tuts/anything.

Regards,
Jacek