If your database supports it, I'd suggest using views.
It's much faster than re-filtering the results in Cake, especially that
you can create views using SQL code on-the-fly.
This way you could still use a single model but change the $uses value
dynamically. (A theory, haven't tested it)

Still, I'd give a shot with views.