Your associations will be something like:

Activity  belongsTo User hasMany Comment

>From Comment model, one can do:
$this->User->Activity->save(...)

So, this could be done in afterSave() of a behavior for Comment. The
behavior should work fine for any model that is associated with User.

You should use Cake's naming conventions: users, activities, comments,
etc. for tables, and user.php, activity.php, comment.php for the
models.