Ignoring callbacks on associative queries++

Inconsistency on model joining in queries
Explanation:
I might be wrong on this, please correct me if I am, but it seems like
the following:
A hasMany B hasMany C
C belongsTo B belongsTo A

If I want to get Bs where C.notAPrimaryKeyField = 'somevalue', things
work well (just contain it and we're fine). But if I want to get all
the Bs where A.notAPrimaryKeyField = 'somevalue', things break and
people die.

This logic may seem backwards (if it's a belongsTo relation, there
should be only one parent, right?), but it's not always like that.
Some databases I've worked with had to be forced into the following: a
field which defines the type of relation, let's call it "area_scope".
Then I'd have the area_id which points to different models, depending
on the value of area_scope. I think this is somewhat common in real
life databases.

That being said, the same issue exists with the relation definitions
in models with the "conditions" key. I can do this (in the Document
model):

var $hasMany = array('Item' => array('conditions' => array
('Document.author' => 'Jack Hackett')));

but I can't do this

var $hasMany = array('Item' => array('conditions' => array
('Item.content' => 'feck arse drink girls')));

So making conditional joins is sometimes very tricky..

* Lack of bootstrap file for plugins would be another one (possibly
even core.php and routes).
* MediaView still depends on the array of predefined MIME types (WTF?)
* Defining custom find types is is unintuitive. It should be as simple
as defining a function called _findCabbage() in your model to be able
to use find('cabbage').
* I know this probably won't happen but...: composite keys anyone?
Sometimes I have to deal with Nazi DBAs: "Artificial keys raus!". "Ich
verstehe, main Führer..."

I have also seen people complain about poor performance, and while I
didn't experience it myself, it might be worth investigating if the
complaints continue.

That's all for now.. :)