Something seems to happen when you have javascript embedded in an ajax
rendered view and it is getting me confused!

I have this line at the top, it works when I call the view directly,
but doesn't seem to do anything when ajax renders the view:

<?= $javascript->link('clearSelect'); ?>

I see the alerts when the page is loaded directly but not through
ajax.   The function works ok when loaded directly but not through
ajax.  I'm using Protype and Ajax.

====== clearSelect.js ==============
alert("hello!");
function unselectAll(ele)
{
    alert(ele);
    var obj=$(ele);
    for (var i=0; i < obj.options.length; i++)
    {
        obj.options[i].selected = null;

I've also run into this issue when I have buttons and things on my
form I try to put some Javascript on, and they just don't work.  I've
googled for an answer and realize that perhaps events aren't getting
hooked up but I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure out on my own how
to address that.  So any specifics would be hugely appreciated!  And
it looks like my javascript source file isn't being included at all.