Well with a quick view to your problem i think you should map your action
editScooter using actionMap with one of the 4 actions
(create,read,update,delete) and then go with crud mode.I don't think it is a
problem with the parameters because edit take parameters too for the id for
example.
If you use action mode you do   $this->Acl->allow($aroAlias,$acoAlias);
which means   $this->Acl->allow(users,scooters/edit);
So you allow users to edit any scooter,but to edit ONLY their own you do
what i post you 1st.