Hi,

in my database there is a field called "released" type "date".

In the view I use this:
$form->input('released', array('empty' => true))
Which gives me three nicely formatted select fields for month, day and year.
But I can only save the field if all three select fields have a value.
If I select only a year or only a year and a month the saved value is
"0000-00-00".

Is there a way to change the default behaviour to filling up the missing
values with "00" ("0000" for the year)?

If this is not possible where would you add a method to do this
manually? I tried beforeSave and beforeValidate but that seems to be
"too late". The value in $this->data is already empty.

Regards
Guenther