Hello All,

I am stuck at a circular relationship problem. This is my scenario:

- Machine HABTM Service HABTM Machine
- Machine belongsTo Type hasMany Machine
- Machine belongsTo Category hasMany Machine
- Service belongsTo Customer hasMany Service

So far so good. When the user goes to /machine/view it expects to see:

[level 0] machine
[level 1] machine type
[level 1] machine category
[level 1] services
[level 2] services customers

If I set recursive to 1, the last item will not be retrieved. If i set
recursive to 2, everything goes well except I get machine records for
type, category and services (too much unwanted data).

I could let recursive = 2 and manually unbind machine from all other
models in the view action, but that would be too much extra code for
something apparently simple. note that the given scenario is just an
exemplification, my real case has around 8 models tied on a complex
"web".

I could also made relationships one way only, but obviously it would
break the views for the other models.

so my question is whether i can set recursive to 2, but tells cake not
to retrieve the main model thus preventing "circular data".

Thank you.