You can do all of this already.

Use http://bin.cakephp.org (or any other online bin of your choice),
and paste the link here.
With the Google Groups, you don't need categorization. Google is
pretty damn good at searching & indexing the groups.

A forum would only duplicate functionality, and would split
information across two separate services/domains, making it *harder*
to find things; The group already has several years of data, and it's
not something easy to migrate.

-j.