Official != blind trust.  This is why even "official" forums or
mailing lists, etc. have disclaimers when you sign up that basically
say "use at your own risk".

For example, on this "official" mailing list, I could post a "How To
Make CakePHP Awesome" tutorial that starts with: sudo rm -rf /

Hopefully the subscribers of this group aren't that naive, but it's
very possible that it could go unchecked.

Don't trust everything you read.  Use your judgement.