Ok, this is going to be a long post, so let me begin at when this all
started. This is a project for work, and what it essentially does is
generate reports using Cake and a PDF generator. Now, it is ready to
go live, and to get all that started we moved it to a dev server to
test it before we put it fully live. I had been developing the app on
my PC using WAMP for a while, inside a windows environment. The app
moved from my local development platform of WAMP on windows to a Linux
development server the company has.

As with any application, it never goes the way you want, but this time
is was completely weird what happened. After gettting all the basics
such as Mod Rewrite and whatnot to work, I noticed something. All you
every get was a blank page. Nothing, no body, no head, nothing. Like
any good developer, I checked all the logs. There are no errors in the
php log, no apache errors, not even anything out of the ordinary in
the Apache access log (typical mod rewrite access stuff was there).

So, I decided to go through my code, and I began commenting things
out. The problem seemed to disappear if I commented out the $uses
array, giving you basically: $uses = array(); Immediately, it became
clear that something was wrong with one of my models. I commented out
the model names in the $uses array one by one, and they all seemed to
give me a blank page. It is crazy how you can comment out the models
in your app and everything seems to work. No matter what model you
use, they all cause a completely blank page. Just to be sure, however,
I keep one model on and cleared out its contents, given me a blank
model, it still gave me a blank page.

I have spent the better part of a week trying to fix this issue,
spending most of that time trying various "blank page" fixes around
the internet, both php and cakephp solution. Here are just some of the
solutions I tried:

-Deleted all the App Cahce in the Cake App Cache Folder
-Checked every file for space after the PHP tags
-Checked all the logs for errors: PHP, Cake, and Apache show nothing
- Tried CakePHP Testing, Didn't really work that well, or help me find
an issue
-Looked at Blank page tickets over at the CakePHP Trac and This google
group
-Searched Google for Blank Page solutions, went through pages upon
pages with no solution

Now, keep in mind that I can get my app to show up as long as I don't
use any models. As soon as I include a model with the $uses array, I
get a blank page. It was suggested that it was linux being pick about
case sensitive files names, but if that was the case, then it would
never work.

I am also aware of using PDF generaters can cause blank pages, and
trust me, I know what and when to expect such a PDF error. I have been
working on this app for a couple of months, and with Cake longer than
that. This is something I have never seen before, and something I
can't seem to find anyone else having an issue with. The only time I
have ever seen a blank page like this is with Wordpress, and typically
that was because I had a space after the closing PHP tag.

I wish I could show you some code, but being a work project, I don't
know how much I can show. Hopefully these descriptions help you. The
strangest thing is that I can type random gibberish in most of my
files and get a php error, indicating that php is still working. I
really stuck right now, so any suggestions would help a lot. I am not
a cake expert, but I am quite experienced in php and the web.