Hey,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to build up a small a medium
social network, just testwise, with CakePHP.

Let's say we would have approx 50.000 users and the could connect to
each other, could Cake and the DB handle those masses of users and
information?

How would it be pissible to save the users relations? A
hasAndBelongsToMany-table where the relationships are stored would
take up to let's say 500.000 records in a DB table, is this possible
with only ONE database?

Although this is quite a theoretical question here, I'd be interested
in your opinions and suggestons.

Regards,

DD