Can anyone say a few words about the plans for Cake in relation to PHP
5.3? Will compatibility be added in a point-update (1.2.5 maybe) or is
the policy to not support 5.3 for a while?

I found a previous thread that ended in suggesting we use Cake 1.3 dev
(= not "stable"). This was not afaik an official statement from anyone
on the development team so i thought I'd ask. I didn't find much abut
it on trac either just a mention from Mark that a suggested patch for
it had been added to 1.3. (ticket 6026)

As this indicates an intention to not support 5.3 on the stable branch
I will also ask for the reasoning behind that. Is there some fatal
incompatibility? I haven't found anything (apart from the warnings and
strtotime) and was wondering if there is a reason it cannot be added
to the next point-update. So, any insight would be welcome.

/Martin