@Joel
Do you have any insight into the reason for keeping Cake1.2 on PHP
5.2?

At the moment the latest stable CakePHP will not run on the latest
stable PHP. Since this just sound odd I imagine there was a
discussion, reasons weighed for and against, tests done and all that.

I ask since my current course of action has been to patch Cake on my
laptop so it will suppress the "deprecated" warnings. It looks like
everything runs ok but if you know of some real problems
(incompatibilities) that stopped you from going to 5.3, I'd love to
hear about it.

I must also agree with d. The roadmap ahead looks very good and work
seems to progress really fast.
Unfortunately a lot of the time I am working on a released application
and need to stay on 1.2 to be compatible with the production-server.

Oh, and another thing. Should the requirements on the Cookbook be
altered? It shows nothing about the whole 5.2, 5.3 thing.
/Martin