Hello,

What does the double underscore represent in the following code from
the head of the index.ctp file for the users view?
    <h2><?php __('Users');?></h2>

I can see the results in the rendered page, but the reason I ask is
that I would like to change this output without mucking up something
else unintentionally. I have setup my db with some tables using
abbreviated names, i.e., 'pops' rather than 'populations' for the
simple convenience of saving 7 keystrokes per instance in long lines
of code, or 'clons' rather than 'clones' which is a reserved word in
php.

TIA, McS

P.S. I've always chuckled at the ironic length of the word
'abbreviation', or 'shortening' for that matter.