That is the kind of urls you will get when using parseExtensions. The
extension will always be last in the url "chain" and not specifically
attached to the action name.

It sounds like you are constructing your own string urls. If you use
array urls it will sort itself out a bit easier since Cake will build
the string.

/Martin