hi marco,

It's early, not had coffee yet - and I missed this crucial comment:

>> For the moment I use one Apache server and one MySql server.

As you've already separated mysql and apache, how about adding another
apache server, using memcached to share sessions between the 2, and
something at the front to randomly decide which server a request goes
to.

Might be useful if your assets and uploads are in a central place as
well, so you don't need to duplicate them or worry about how you route
traffic between the 2 servers.

I've not done this directly, but it shouldn't be much different from
load balancing any other (php) web app.

cheers,

jon bennett
w: http://www.jben.net/
iChat (AIM): jbendotnet Skype: jon-bennett