Another thing I forgot to mention. You should be using full strings you want
translated for the msgid.Example:

msgid "By registering on this web site you are..."

This is the way the core was designed to handle translations. You will also
find it much easier for people to translate your application if they have
everything they need in the 1 .po file vs looking for the text related to a
place holder.

--
/**
* @author Larry E. Masters