Hi all,

I have managed to get RSS feeds working using the tutorial in the book
and a few hints and tips from related tutorials.  What I am now trying
to get working are filters for the feeds along the lines of:

http://www.localcause.org.uk/causes.rss?region=7,60&category=39

Using a feed validator I realised the ampersand was an issue, so I
ended up with the following feed url which validates:

http://www.localcause.org.uk/causes.rss?f=7,60=39

In my action I then check for $this->params['url']['f'] and explode it
on the '=' character which gives me my region and category values to
filter my find results with.

However, even though the above is a a valid feed I can't get Google or
Netvibes to accept them.  Any ideas why?

You can see this in action for yourself by visiting
http://www.localcause.org.uk/causes
and setting some content filters to limit the amount of causes shown.
The thinking is that the user could subscribe to one or more feeds to
update when certain types of charity in certain regions join.