Hi Jeremy,

> Can anyone point me to a good solid SVN deployment howto for CakePHP
> and a live app? Something along the lines of how simple WordpPress
> explains it (http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing/
> Updating_WordPress_with_Subversion) but of course Cake has some
> additional complications since cake is only a framework and not the
> entire app.

I do the following:

* set svn:ignore on app/tmp/*
* keep data separate from the app, so if you have uploads store these
in a different location, say uploads.mydomain.co.uk
* have switch statements in webroot/index, config/bootstrap,
config/database so you can deploy to multiple places (local, test,
staging, live) without modification. see my reply in the "Dynamic
Selection of Database config based on Debug level" thread for more.

Then all you need to do is svn co trunk (or a tag/release) to your
server to deploy.

hth

jon

--