Hey,

I have a CakePHP shell that does various things, though it integrates with
Git. The script checks out, applies database migrations (using Ruckusing),
and runs CakePHP unit tests. It does some other stuff, like backup databases
before the migrations are applied too.

This code is part of a proprietary system (see www.ugrworks.com, the core
product is built on CakePHP), but I'm happy to release the deployment code
into the public domain. Drop me a line if you're interested.

Cheers!
Richard