10x , looks great. Still your plugins folder is empty. Would be great
to see how a (very simple) event plugin looks like. Anyway, I
downloaded the source code and I'll mess around with it. As expected,
as soon as you need more than messing arround with some db tables, you
also need some kind of event driven approach, so I'm not the only one
having this problem.
Do you also plan to create some viewHooks so that the plugins will not
only have own views and inject custom logic into the controllers, but
also inject custom elements/views in the existing ones ?
(This I've not seen implemented anywhere, although it looks like many
CMS need this also).

Anyway, at first glance it looks like a fine approach (especially that
you're not only limited to standard controller callbacks).

I also read http://cakealot.com/2009/04/eventful-a-cakephp-event-system/
. Good article. But it looked more like a proof of concept to me,
rather than a fully featured production ready implementation (m3nt0r
is still working on this, as far as I understand). This is why I was
searching for something more "real life ready" implementation, already
tested by others.

10x a lot for sharing this. I also seen that you're using debug kit.
Everytime I look around here in the community I learn something new. I
never knew it existed, looks great (... downloading it right now).

On Dec 19, 8:47 am, Walther <waltherl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have done something similar for a CMS that I am busy writing.
>
> First look here:http://cakealot.com/2009/04/eventful-a-cakephp-event-system/
> That was my inspiration.
>
> Then look here:http://github.com/dakota/CMScout/tree/master/controllers/
> That is my event component. Basically, each plugin has a single
> plugin_name_events.php file which has all the events in.
>
> On Dec 18, 11:41 pm, Aargh <dra...@secured.ro> wrote:
>
> > In the mean time i found this :
>
> >http://teknoid.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/observer-pattern-the-cakephp-way
>
> > Should be easy following the same idea to make the interesting apps
> > controllers "observable", the interested plugin controllers
> > "observers", and based on some observers's side config to initialise
> > the correct $observers array in every observed controller. Anyway, I'm
> > just messing arround, to find a decent solution. SpliceIt looks cool.
> > To bad is unmantained.

their CakePHP related questions.