I'm pretty new to Cakephp, so this could be rather simple and I'm just
missing it.

I'm attempting to set up a form that deals with a lot of tables and
models.  At the moment, I've set up the company model so that is
hasmany company types, and the company_types table so it belongsto
company.  And in the view I set it up as:

echo $form->input('CompanyType.0.type', array(
                        'type' => 'select',
                        'multiple' => 'checkbox',
                        'options' => array(
                                'Paving' => 'Paving',
                                'Rock Crushing And Screening' => 'Rock Crushing
And Screening',
                                'Sweeping' => 'Sweeping',
                                'Grinding' => 'Grinding',
                                'Cranes' => 'Cranes'
                        ));

Obviously, this alone isn't enough because I'm getting the error: SQL
Error: 1054: Unknown column 'Array' in 'field list' [CORE\cake\libs
\model\datasources\dbo_source.php, line 527]

What I'd prefer to do is explode the array in such a way so as to have
each option selected be separately entered into the company_type table
linked to the current company_id, rather than imploding it into a
single string.  Can anyone give me any pointers?

their CakePHP related questions.