On Mar 22, 12:23 pm, sebb86 <kahlc...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> cricket
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Can i use "recursive" with pagination too?
> I need the pagination because of a sort auomatic in my view.

Yes. You can also use 'contain' in $paginate. I recommend doing that
as it's much more intuitive. You can set $actsAs =
array('Containable') in AppModel to have it available for all models.

> And despite of "debug", i really dont know how to retrive.
> I have to go the following way: uplink_id (table ports) -> id (table
> ports) -> hardware_unit_id (table ports) -> schenker_number (table
> hardware_units)

I think I'm beginning to understand. You want the HardwareUnit
associated with PortUplink, which is itself a self join on Port? Try
this:

array(
        'fields' => array('*'),
        'contain' => array(
                'PortUplink' => array(
                        'HardwareUnit'
                )
        )
)

If you need the HardwareUnit for Port as well:

array(
        'fields' => array('*'),
        'contain' => array(
                'HardwareUnit',
                'PortUplink' => array(
                        'HardwareUnit'
                )
        )
)

If using recursive, try setting it to 2.

their CakePHP related questions.