My question is, have you turned debug off?

If you are still developing the application, then you probably will
always have debug turned on, and thus you will always see the schema
information.

When you are ready to realize your application in a production
environment, you must turn debug off, and the schema information will
only be read the first time (CakePHP team, please correct me if I am
wrong!).

So as long as you are developing the application, the schema
information will sometimes be read again.
Enjoy,
   John

On Apr 8, 7:31 pm, altermod <localmotion...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> It still seems to be calling those queries every time I go to the login
> page. I don't even run any db queries of my own on the login page. When is
> it going to start caching? Or do I have to change a setting in the config?
> I'm running Postgres 8.3.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Adam

[snip]