Situation:

Viewing a service.

A service has credentials.

Credentials have a credential type.

I'm using $service = $this->Service->findById($id); to set all the
data for my view.  I have all the database associations set up
correctly (I think):

Service hasMany Credential.
Credential belongsTo Service, CredentialType.
CredentialType hasMany Credential.

How can I get it to retrieve CredentialType.title, so I can display
the title instead of the Credential.credential_type_id value, which is
worthless to a person viewing the service?

I really don't want to use recursive = 2 (although it works), because
it creates enormous database overhead!  (55 queries vs. 25)

their CakePHP related questions.