How does your layout file look like?
Which variable is being output after the body tag? - the
$content_for_layout or other?

With regard to the view files and saving as unicode/utf-8, my issue is
that if you save them as unicode, an additional 4 bytes (maybe 2) are
added to the beginning of the file, and that may be the reason for the
"d" in your presentation. Hopefully someone will correct me, should I
be wrong :)
   John

On Apr 20, 4:29 pm, mpeshev <nofear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> John,
>
> According to Firebug the 'd' is the first symbol after the body tag,
> but the CSS link tag is next to the 'd'. This is not the case when I
> open the source code of course.
>
> It is like that:

> <link type=...></link>
>
> All my project is UTF-8 as well as the other projects of mine (I do
> use Cyrillic symbols). The same project is mirrored on my test server
> (different machine, same hosting provider) with no such bug. I've set
> the encoding in the config and database files.
>
> I've removed all blank spaces in my app_controller and my layouts. Any
> other ideas?
>
> Thanks for the help so far.
[snip]

their CakePHP related questions.