On Apr 20, 10:45 am, John Andersen <j.andersen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How does your layout file look like?
> Which variable is being output after the body tag? - the
> $content_for_layout or other?
>
> With regard to the view files and saving as unicode/utf-8, my issue is
> that if you save them as unicode, an additional 4 bytes (maybe 2) are
> added to the beginning of the file, and that may be the reason for the
> "d" in your presentation. Hopefully someone will correct me, should I
> be wrong :)

I believe you're thinking of the byte order marker (BOM). I don't
think it's that, as it would be at the very beginning of the file.
Also, it wouldn't (AFAIK) be interepreted by the browser as a "d".
See:

http://unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html#BOM

No, I don't understand all of that completely :-0 I ran into this
issue once when receiving files from another developer who used
Homesite on Windows.

their CakePHP related questions.