Hello,

I have a model (Project) that has a projected_end_date field. What I'd
like to do in the view is calculate the number of days from the
current date until the projected end date and display how much time is
left (or how many days overdue). This data really only needs to be in
a single view, so I have no problems just embedding the logic directly
into the view...I'm doing that now and it works fine.

Even though it's working, it just feels wrong. It seems like this
logic really should be in the model itself since it's data (calculated
data and not stored in a table, but still data).

Is this possible? I tried creating a getTiming() function in my
Project model, but I couldn't figure out any way to call it from my

echo $project['Project']->getTiming()
echo $project->getTiming()
echo $this->Project->getTiming()
etc.

I may end up just abstracting the logic out into a helper and calling
that in the view. Any thoughts? Thanks!

-Brian

their CakePHP related questions.