On May 7, 10:32 am, WebbedIT <p...@webbedit.co.uk> wrote:
> @AD7six: I'm not sure why that was necessary as I implied in my reply
> that the only way Google would find incorrect links to index was if
> someone maliciously posted erroneous links, but that would have to be
> a very rare situation to be

I guess you've never heard of black hat seo techniques.

> in and you could easily find out which
> site they had come from and report them to Google!

Report them for what - most of the time we're talking about typos -
you should /consider/ malicious users (and good luck with reporting
"the site" - the links will be comment spam - all across the web -
pointing at you, you can't report "the internet").

Anyway here look what I found in the book:

http://book.cakephp.org/view/4/Hot-chicks

It doesn't have to be to guard against malicious users though - the
reason the book does those redirects is to auto correct typos in
titles and keep the seo sugar.

(and: it's just an example I know you can 'beat' the redirect logic in
the book and that it stopped working for i18n content)

> Now can you remove them links from the net please!!!

Sure, they're scheduled to be removed in 2020. in the mean time I'd
suggest reconsidering the topic of this thread with your new found
insight  ;)

hth,

AD

their CakePHP related questions.