Yes, I was clearly being a dick by answering your question and trying
to point you in the right direction.

Perhaps next time you'll find the patience to actually read the doc
before you dismiss it as "crap." If you did that, you'd realize that
in Cake, URLs can often be passed as a string or in array format (as
explained in the blog example).

BTW, the Cookbook is user-contributed. So if you think you can come up
with a more logical/useful organization for the info, then, by all
means, make the appropriate changes. But putting redirect() in the
"Developing with CakePHP" section under "Controller Methods" is hardly
"buried." And if you think a simple redirect method needs more than 6
examples, then you're likely just complaining to complain.