The 404 page is the same. When an error occurs in production mode, the
site will return a 404 instead of the actual error. That's the only
difference in how 404s are handled.

The difference that may be tripping you up is that when debug is set
to 1+ there is an HTML comment appended to the end of your output with
how long it took to build the page. This causes problems with requests
through things like Ajax and Flash. You can see an example of how to
handle the debug setting for Ajax here:
http://book.cakephp.org/view/1292/Obtaining-Request-Information. While
this doesn't directly address your Java applet, hopefully it can get
you started on the right path.

On Jul 7, 12:33 am, jonathan <jlspecto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Working in CakePHP 1.3 and really digging it.  I am having one
> particular issue and I am hoping someone could point me in the right
> direction.
>
> I have a third-party Java applet in my view and as long as the debug
> level is 0 in core.php, it runs fine.  If I set debug to 1 or higher,
> it fails to load.  All things point to the 404 error being different
> for the different debug levels (i.e. 0 gives one type of 404 error, 1+
> gives another).
>
> Is there a way to simulate the non-debug mode 404 error while debug
> mode is set to 1+?  I tried messing with custom error404 files but
> didn't get very far.
>
> Thanks much for any assistance,
>
> Jonathan

their CakePHP related questions.