I don't know about any follow up test but i do know that a hello world
application is not even meant to be done with a framework like
cakephp. So if a new benchmark would really follow up the old
benchmark it would produce the same useless result as with the cake
1.1 benchmark....

is suggest you visiting: http://book.cakephp.org/view/510/Sites-in-the-wild
for sites that use cakephp and just try them how they feel.... check
out addons.mozilla.org as they are using cakephp as well and should
have some traffic on their sites...

but afair performance improvements where mentioned in the 1.3
announcement at the bakery....

On 15 Jul., 06:56, Matthew Porter
<matthew.por...@porterinnovative.com> wrote:
> Thanks @ohcibi
>
> Yes, I realise the article is old ... however, it is still not
> flattering for Cake.
>
> It would be ideal if there was a follow-up test, or even something
> from the Cake team indicating how to get the best performance out of
> the framework to address these concerns.
>
> To the uninitiated, it might appear that Cake's performance is
> lacking.  The Cookbook really needs some performance examples and
> statistics to help build confidence in the framework.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I think Cake is awesome.  I just wish I didn't
> have this nagging concern about performance.  It's pretty hard to
> ignore a performance difference so large between Cake and CI, even on
> an old version; especially when there is some evidence to suggest that
> later versions performed worse as RC.
>
> I really was just hoping that someone could tell me that 1.3.x
> introduced some performance improvements and tuning suggestions into
> the Cookbook and release notes.
>
> Thanks again everyone! :)
>
> Matthew
>
> On Jul 15, 10:14 am, ohcibi <i...@dwgadf.de> wrote:
>

> > > I have read some articles suggesting the performance of CakePHP 1.2 is
> > > well behind that of comparable frameworks under load.
> > > In particular, one article (found
> > > here:http://www.sellersrank.com/php/cakephp-codeigniter-benchmark/)
> > > Alternatively, can anyone comment on the validity or otherwise of the
> > > article link above?
>
> > the link is from 2006 and he was benchmarking CakePHP 1.1 not 1.2 (1.2
> > was not even out there in 2006).
>
> > Tuning is (like many other topic) not well documented in cake, thats
> > true. Caching is though, have a look into the book...

their CakePHP related questions.