If you want to override the scaffold actions you can see the following file:

/cake/libs/scaffold.php

I would strongly advise *against* doing this, you should never have to edit
cake's core files and it will break your app if you ever need to update, I
think the best thing to do is to use bake and if need be customise bake

See:
http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/rascoop/2010/06/02/custom-baking-with-cakephp-1-3

$scaffold is intended to be used as scaffolding, this is why you cannot
override the actions from the controller.

Hope this helps

--
Kind Regards
 Stephen @ NinjaCoderMonkey