On Dec 21, 2010, at 11:13, John Maxim wrote:

> By the way I'm using md5 in controller for register function, could
> that be that reason that hinders the validation?

*How* are you "using md5"? If you mean you have specified md5 as the hash
algorithm for the security class by writing "Security::setHash('md5');" in your
config file, and you are using Security::hash() every time you want to hash a
password, then that should be fine. If you mean something else, that might not
be fine.

http://book.cakephp.org/view/1254/Change-Hash-Function

their CakePHP related questions.