I will play the devil's advocate here

if I10n/i18n is your priority specifically if you store translated model
content, be ready to optimise your app and cache your views on a per
language basis because the default translate behaviour adds one LEFT JOIN
per model field to be translated to your query - so if you have long table
rows the query gets to be very slow very soon

Also 100000 is a small total number but performance depends on number of
concurrent users - this is not cakePHP specific but a general web app rule

But again cake allows you to optimize everything very easily so build with
cake and come back with specific problems

Cheers
Tarique

Cheesecake-Photoblog: http://cheesecake-photoblog.org
PHP for E-Biz: http://sanisoft.com