When using selects for years 19xx - 20xx in different places on the site I
found in the new year I had to go thru sites and set the max year to select
from. Pain!

So I now have done in core.php

Configure::write('MAX_YEAR_SELECT', '2011');
Configure::write('MIN_YEAR_SELECT', '1980');

Then in select inputs for the range simply

echo $this->Form->year(
'School.year_set',
        Configure::read('MAX_YEAR_SELECT');
        Configure::read('MIN_YEAR_SELECT');

So next year simply update in 1 place. Is there a better, cleaner way?

Thanks