As John Hardy said, if you use the current UNIX_TIMESTAMP you can have the
years adjust themselves based on a range.

For example, my website requires users be at least 18 years old, so I range
the years from at least 18 years ago MAX and go back 60-70-80 years etc for
MIN (Date of Birth)

This means 2 years after your app is launched, you haven't had to edit the
min and max ranges.

On 14 February 2011 04:07, John Hardy <john.c.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://php.net/date with http://php.net/strtotime
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Feb 13, 2011, at 8:02 PM, Krissy Masters <naked.cake.ba...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > When using selects for years 19xx - 20xx in different places on the site
> > found in the new year I had to go thru sites and set the max year to
> select
> > from. Pain!
> >
> > So I now have done in core.php
> >
> > Configure::write('MAX_YEAR_SELECT', '2011');
> > Configure::write('MIN_YEAR_SELECT', '1980');
> >
> > Then in select inputs for the range simply
> >
> > echo $this->Form->year(
> > 'School.year_set',
> >    Configure::read('MAX_YEAR_SELECT');
> >    Configure::read('MIN_YEAR_SELECT');
> >
> > So next year simply update in 1 place. Is there a better, cleaner way?
> >
> > Thanks

> > --
> > Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials
> http://tv.cakephp.org
> > Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help
> others with their CakePHP related questions.

> at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php
>
> --
> Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials
> http://tv.cakephp.org
> Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help
> others with their CakePHP related questions.

Kind Regards
 Stephen @ NinjaCoderMonkey

 www.ninjacodermonkey.co.uk