From: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:cake-php@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Dr. Loboto
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 12:40 AM
To: CakePHP
Subject: Re: requestAction question

Based on your description I do not see need in requestAction at all.
If all you need is 1 model call and one element output you can add
data call to appropriate actions or beforeFilter/beforeRender and add
element output to the view/layout. Just one more line of code in
comparison with requestAction.