My validation is working as it stands, but I want to display the validation
error prior to the search controller. I understand this might not be
possible within the CakePHP framework.

I have a model *plan.php*. And in the *plans_controller.php*, I have a
function called *search()*.

My form calls *search()* as expected (because there is no search model):

echo $this->Form->create('Plan', array('action' => 'search'));

As it stands, when I submit my search, the errors are displayed and the url
changes to .../search, so no results are displayed ("There are 0 results for
that search criteria", but the correct validation errors are displayed below
required form fields.

I do not want the .../search url to be displayed. I want the form to "halt"
and just display the validation errors w/out changing the url to the search
function.

I am calling the search form within an element because the search form
displays on several different pages.

To sum this up: The search form should validate w/out changing the url path
to the controller action name of the search. Of course, the validation is
done IN the search() and plan.php model, so I just don't know how to work
around this and wondering if its even possible.