On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Krissy Masters
<naked.cake.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok well that was simple enough,
> Forced 301 redirect to http://domain or https://domain

OK, since we're on this subject ... Does anyone know if there are any
issues with doing it this way. ie. stripping the www subdomain, rather
than adding it?

So:
ServerName    foo.org
ServerAlias    www.foo.org

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.foo.org
    RewriteRule ^(.*) http://foo.org/$1 [R=301,L]
</IfModule>

IOW, saying that the canonical name is foo.org, and have other virtual
host for, eg. test.foo.org.

This is how I've usually done it, anyway.

> but now something new :o
>
> I send myself an email forgot my password so I get the email with
>
> Hello Krissy
> Forgot your password.
> Click here
> https://domain.com/password/change/sadf465sdf456asdf654sd/wer87wer89746f54sd
> f78ewr7
>
> all $data from the controller action is passed to the email.
>
> Then 20 mins later I get the exact email with no $data variables in the
> email.
>
> Just Hello ,
> Forgot your password.
>
> Click here https://domain.com/password/change//
>
> I have no cron or anything, no fwds, no BCC just not sure where this ghost
> email is coming from? Sent to same person from the same site email account

Maybe an earlier test email that was deferred for some reason?

I can't think of why the "www" was messing things up unless your
_sendEmail() is using the $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] to set the FROM header
or similar.

> What a day ....

I know those days.