Ok, this is what I did for the multiple messages.

I created an array
$allmessages = array();

and then on every action on the same function I pushed a message into
the array like so:
array_push($allmessages, 'my message here');

and at the end of the function I imploded the array and set the flash
message like so:

$allmessages = implode('<br />', $allmessages);
$this->Session->setFlash($allmessages,'flash_failure'); // All failure
messages use same template

good / bad practice? Cannot think of any other easy / fast way to do
it...